Have you thought about what your neighborhood will look like in ten years? More parks, better schools, less crime, more local jobs, or more bus routes?
Well now’s your chance to make that vision a reality.
The California Endowment, a private health foundation, has decided to invest in making
What Are We Trying to Do?
Working with the California Endowment, the Sacramento BHC plans to make a real difference in
- All Children Have Health Coverage
- Families Have Improved Access to a Health Home That Supports Healthy Behaviors
- Health and Family-Focused Human Services Shift Resources Toward Prevention
- Residents Live in Communities with Healthy-Promoting Land-Use, Transportation and Community Development
- Children and their Families are Safe from Violence in their Homes and Neighborhoods
- Communities Support Healthy Youth Development
- Neighborhood and School Environments Support Improved Health and Healthy Behaviors
- Community Health Improvements are Linked to Economic Development
- Health Gaps for Boys and Young Men of Color are Narrowed
has a Shared Vision of Community Health California
What’s Going On?
For the past several months, residents, schools, service providers, and public interest advocates have been meeting to plan for this future. We plan to conduct surveys, town hall meetings, talking circles and other outreach to figure out what you think and how you think we can get there. So don’t be left out…
In order to make this happen, we need your help! Help organize events, attend planning meetings, or reach out to your neighbor—we’ve got lots of ideas.
We’ve created an online community at http://sacbhc.org/